Until recently, I never considered seafood under the category of “quick.” Healthy and delicious, yes. But I’ve always thought of it as something that reserved for special occasions, like a birthday or holiday.
Then I learned that you can cook Alaska seafood directly from frozen. Cooking from frozen means I can have a meal that is high in protein, low in saturated fat and sodium and one of the best sources of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids all in under 15 minutes. How amazing is that?
- 1½ pounds Alaska salmon filets
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cooking pan with oil.
- Rinse salmon with cool water. Dry with a paper towel and place in a baking dish.
- Brush salmon with oil. Cook for 4 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk together syrup, sugar, lemon juice, mustard.
- Remove salmon from oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour syrup mixture over salmon. Cook for an additional 8 to 11 minutes, until seafood is opaque.